Leigh Road Baptist Church (LRBC) is delighted to announce that the first Leigh-on-Sea ECO FAIR will be opened by Sir David Amess, MP for Southend West on Saturday 19th October 2019.
Come along and enjoy:
- Eco artisan stalls selling an enormous range of eco products – everything from cakes and clothes to Solar Panels, soap and skincare
- Kids activities, storytelling, craft, face painting and family scavenger hunt
- Sustainability inspired artists including Ruth Rotherham and Gwen Simpson’s Connecting Threads Project
- Information stalls including Veolia, Plastic Free Leigh, Leigh Town Council, Southend in Transition and many more
- Bring and Buy stalls – come and browse our fantastic range of tools and craft supplies
- Eco-café and cake stall
- Come and listen to local people talking about their experience of trying to live a more sustainable lifestyle
What is LRBC ECO FAIR?
We really believe there is still a chance to do something about climate change – that there remains a possibility that if we do the right thing – change our behaviours and work together – that global warming might in some way be arrested.
So LRBC are trying to work towards making our church more sustainable in everything we do – our worship and learning, buildings, use of land, local community and lifestyle and we’re trying to do this both locally and globally. We want LRBC to be a lighthouse in the local community, working with everyone to a greener, sustainable future.
The LRBC ECO FAIR is a chance for us all to learn more about how to do this, to find out what is happening already in our community. Come and join us and let’s make the world a better place. It’s going to be a wonderful day.