During the coming months, Leigh Road Baptist Church will move safely and cautiously to providing opportunities for community and corporate prayer and worship at its site on Marguerite Drive.
This page is designed to act as a guide for those wishing to attend and explains what to expect and how to go about booking a place. Do keep checking back on this page as it will be updated as guidance and things change. The safety of you, our visitors, volunteers, staff and each other is of utmost importance. You are very welcome.
Please the church will still continue to broadcast Sunday Morning Live services online via YouTube and Facebook and Twitter.
Please book your place in advance for all on-site services
To help with planning around arrival and departure, seating and secufely recording details of attendees for Track & Trace, we are asking all to pre-book their free places online via the church box office (provided by Yapsody) where you will be asked to provide your name, email address and telephone number. We ask places to be booked by the Thursday preceding the Sunday service.
Please note that the current government and BU advice provides the following framework;
- Over 70s, the vulnerable and those that are shielding are recommended to stay at home
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms or if you suspect you might have Coronavirus should self-isolate at home
- If you have knowingly been in contact with someone who has Coronavirus please do not attend
- Singing is not permitted
- Social distancing must be maintained
- Regular hygiene such as the use of hand sanitisers and washing of hands is recommended
What you can expect
- When you arrive, do so by the right hand door (with slope) and distancing stickers on Marguerite Drive.
- All will need to wear a face mask/covering when inside the building (these will not be provided so please bring your own)
- You will be asked to check-in/register at the welcome desk
- If you have not already done so when you booked in online you will be asked for your name and telephone number
- You will be asked to move to the sanctuary as soon as you have provided the information and not socialise in the welcome area. You should use the hand sanitiser gel provided before entering the sanctuary
- Please always follow the one-way system indicated by the floor stickers
- There will be fewer chairs available and these will be arranged to comply with social distancing requirements
- You should observe social distancing when talking to others
- You will be asked to come to the front for Communion
- Singing is not permitted
- Refreshments will not be served after the service and you will be asked to exit the building quickly without gathering in the welcome area
- Limited toilet facilities will be available if necessary
- You should use the hand sanitiser gel provided before leaving the building
- You should only remove your mask/face covering when you have left the building.
If attending a service that includes communion
Communion services will be held in the sanctuary at LRBC’s Marguerite Drive location. They will include on-screen songs of worship and praise, sometimes performed music, readings, prayers and communion. The service will last approximately 30 minutes.